On November 6, 2012, Wixom’s residents are urged to VOTE NO on a Charter Amendment to increase the present Charter Millage by 3.5 mills to 15.7459 mills.
- City Administration and Council have refused to bring expenditures in line with the revenues available. Contracts and Legacy costs have not been addressed.
- Without a complete analysis of cost cutting measures that eliminates wastes, restructures departments for efficiencies, and cuts programs that are not supported by revenues for the services provided, an Amendment for a 3.5 mill increase is without merit.
- The threat of terminating Police Officers and closing down City Services is not a responsible answer to the issues. Police and Fire Services can be maintained; Departments require restructuring and reorganizing of staffing.
- A threat of this nature demonstrates unequivocally the inability of the Council and the City Manager to manage municipal financial affairs.
- Residents and Businesses cannot afford to pay more taxes under these terrible economic conditions.
- A Defined Budget Stabilization Plan using the revenues available has not been developed showing a deliverable level of services for the community.
A NO Vote is ADVISABLE!
WE CAN DO BETTER
Do the MATH: Reorganize, Restructure, and Revitalize as required…SPECIFICALLY the Police Department